TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Towles looks to make a immediate impact!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towles looks to make a immediate impact!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-27-2012 07:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has the makings of a terrific quarterback before he leaves Kentucky.

Patrick Towles is one of the most decorated high school football players in Kentucky state history. He is a state champion. He's been named player of the year. He is ranked among the top incoming quarterback prospects in the nation.

Today, as a freshman of the University of Kentucky football team, none of that matters anymore.

"It's so hard to get here, because at first, if you want to lead, you have to get the respect of the people you are leading," said Towles. "That's either going to be through hard work or fear or something like that. But coming in as a freshman, high school doesn't matter anymore. I don't have any stepping ground or anything that can prove to them to say, 'Hey, I deserve your respect.' These first two months, I'm just trying to get the respect of all my teammates so that when the time comes, I can."

That's just one of the challenges for a freshman quarterback: leadership. And while his high school credentials don't carry much weight amongst his peers, the intangible skills he learned while quarterbacking one of the best teams in the state don't go unnoticed.

His head coach Joker Phillips, who identified Towles as a priority for Kentucky early on in Towles' high school career, believes Towles has the ability to be a great leader not only in the future, but now. It was one of the things that most impressed Phillips about his freshman quarterback coming in.

"(He's a) big athlete, takes charge, he's a film room junkie, winner," said Phillips on National Signing Day. "(He) went in as a sophomore when the starting quarterback goes down, he was the guy that went in and all he did was lead 'em to a state championship as a sophomore and then went on to win two more after that. He's the guy that's the type of leader that we need to be the face of this program."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
viccolo
Player
Member # 1860

posted 08-01-2012 04:57 PM      Profile for viccolo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has all the Qualities, Now lets see what he can do.. J-Lo says he is a dandy So does Collingsworth, im told... Just one more thing.... When will we be seeing a Depth chart...

--------------------
Vicco Ky ...Dodge City of the east

Posts: 2449 | From: Saint Marys OH | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com