TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kentucky crushes Kent State

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky crushes Kent State
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-09-2012 07:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They looked awfully good on offense and defense putting up up over 500 yards of offense.

Maxwell Smith had a career-best 354 yards passing and four touchdowns and Raymond Sanders added a career-high 115 yards rushing as Kentucky beat Kent State 47-14 Saturday night to win its seventh straight home opener.

The Wildcats, who trailed 7-0 at the end of the first quarter, racked up 539 yards to wear down the Golden Flashes. Aaron Boyd caught 11 passes for 100 yards for Kentucky (1-1).

Kentucky's 539 yards marked its best offensive performance since recording 580 yards against Vanderbilt on Nov. 13, 2010. Smith finished 30 of 39 and his 354 yards were the most for a Wildcats quarterback since 2007.

Boyd, a senior making his first start since his freshman season, eclipsed his previous career totals in receptions (nine) and yards (87) in this game alone.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-09-2012 08:47 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Way to go cats! Some of the catches aaron boyd made were increidable, where has this been the last 3 years. [Smile] . The defense still needs a lot of improvement,but they did look a lot better.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9881 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-09-2012 10:00 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Better late than never for Mr. Boyd. Good to see him make the starting line up. Hope he has a great year.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
NoleCat
Player
Member # 2765

posted 09-09-2012 04:12 PM      Profile for NoleCat   Email NoleCat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Melons impressed the heck out of me, that's the most physical play I've seen in a while... a long while

--------------------
“He who gets the best players usually wins.”
- Bobby Bowden

Posts: 67 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com