TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Petrino has interest in Kentucky job

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Petrino has interest in Kentucky job
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-08-2012 04:48 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

Why would Mitch fart around and not sign this guy? All he does is win and go to bowl games with big names like Cotton, Sugar, and Orange. I believe UK has gone to a few with names like humpty dumpty bowl and the "I barely won enough games to be elligible" bowl.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 11-08-2012 08:57 AM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ain't gonna happen. Mitch has made some bad hiring decisions but this would rank as probably his worst.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-08-2012 11:27 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

Anybody remember Jimmy Johnson, the former super bowl winning coach of the Cowboys? He said Arkansas should rehire Petrino or hire Butch Davis from Cincy.

Since Davis is the reason Couch is no longer in the NFL, I would use Jimmy Johnson's advice and hire Petrino at Kentucky!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-08-2012 12:28 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No. We need not stoop to the point of having to overlook clear character flaws in pursuit of a winning football program. After all, isn't 'building character' one of the goals of intercollegiate athletics?

No to Petrino. Not now, not ever.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13656 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-08-2012 01:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That would be a terrible hire and Mitch knows it.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-08-2012 01:18 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Mitch doesn't hire Petrino, UK should fire Mitch!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-08-2012 01:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Need we say more.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 11-08-2012 02:42 PM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That pic makes it look like he is saying the pledge of allegiance. [Big Grin]

I am with the majority here. There is no reason to even consider bringing this guy here. The program does not need that type of publicity.

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-08-2012 04:39 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildcatFanatic:
Ain't gonna happen. Mitch has made some bad hiring decisions but this would rank as probably his worst.

this would probibilly be his best if he wants to give us the best chance to win. Where looking for A football coach not A priest. IMHO I beleive petrino is the only coach avalaible who could win championships at UK and that's what mitch said we would do in his letter to the BBN.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9880 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-08-2012 05:06 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is a chance that UK could finally get a big name hire. If we can get Petrino we might be able to get Sandusky as defensive coordinator if we can spring him from jail.
Posts: 5446 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-08-2012 05:38 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Redbone speaks through his brother! LOL!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36279 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 11-08-2012 06:24 PM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK has no interest in him.
Posts: 1313 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-08-2012 10:43 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still haven't sen any names mentioned worth 4Mil.
Posts: 14244 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 11-09-2012 12:15 AM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BP wanted around that much. Not happening. Only few who might get it will be Sean Payton, Ryan Brothers, or Kirby Smart.
Posts: 1313 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-09-2012 05:27 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Petrino is worth 4 mil....they could make it packed with incentives...with benchmarks on wins..to make it that much.....I would sign him..

Breaking news last night was that Auburn is firing their coach.

No, I seriously doubt UK will get a home run hire. Auburn will most likely end up hiring Petrino. UK will most likely end up with scraps.

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 11-09-2012 09:25 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't get the fascination with Petrino. He is never going to win any championships because he only will focus on the offensive side of the ball. His Arkansas teams were never competitive against the SEC Elite because of that.

He could come to UK and go 7-5 and 6-6 or UK could hire a SEC assistant coach and do the same for a lot less money and not have to deal with the slimeball that Petrino is.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 11-09-2012 10:40 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
If Mitch doesn't hire Petrino, UK should fire Mitch!

If they hire Petrino, I am done with UK football until he is gone--after 2 years.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 11-09-2012 10:41 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we get Petrino, Cal will be gone not long after.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-09-2012 12:41 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlueCollarMan:
If we get Petrino, Cal will be gone not long after.

Fred

Good to know that You speak for Cal. If any of the press can't reach him, they can just contact you.
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-09-2012 05:01 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
I don't get the fascination with Petrino. He is never going to win any championships because he only will focus on the offensive side of the ball. His Arkansas teams were never competitive against the SEC Elite because of that.

He could come to UK and go 7-5 and 6-6 or UK could hire a SEC assistant coach and do the same for a lot less money and not have to deal with the slimeball that Petrino is.

The fascination with me is he took two bad football programs to BCS bowls that's a little better than 6-6 or 7-5. 6-6 and 7-5 gets you the bbva and the music city bowls if you want proof just ask joker.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-11-2012 06:40 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
James Quick is a 5 star in state recruit. Here is his take on Petrino

Link

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-11-2012 09:04 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Search

ADVERTISEMENT

How long has it been since a 5 star player has even mentioned UK?

Recruiting Insider | Trinity's James Quick sees Petrino as good fit at Kentucky football

--------------------

kynut
Player
Member # 2934

posted 11-13-2012 12:44 PM      Profile for kynut        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Petrino is by far the leading candidate in all polls taken of which coach UK fans most want to hire. He polls twice as many votes as the second place candidate (Dykes) and far far more votes than any other candidate linked to the UK job.

Love him or hate him, the man can coach.

kynut

Posts: 238 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 11-14-2012 08:26 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Joe Paterno could coach, what's his legacy?

Fred

FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 11-15-2012 04:33 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course he has an interest, he's unemployed since breaking the record for stupid ideas, and thinking with the little brain instead of the big one.....

Of course he wants to come here, have you seen our coeds?? Seriously, talk about hiring a personal assistant......

I am certain he wants to come here, what with all the winding country roads throughout the state, where better to take a personal assistant for a romantic ride, to a cabin at Butler State Park.

What is really sad to me is that here in the SEC, we are so far behind the power curve in football, we are licking our chops at the opportunity to hire a coach, any coach who has been fired from their last coaching job.

I am surprised we haven't inquired about Dooley formerly of Tennessee...... I mean really, its an SEC coach, he sucks, but he's available!

[ 11-15-2012, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: FlaCatz ]

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-15-2012 04:45 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bill Clinton was a pretty good president but he was still a sleezbag. I know nothing of petrino's coaching ability, but I don't want him at UK!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36279 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-15-2012 06:53 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm still thinking we spring Jerry Sandusky and give hime a shot.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-15-2012 06:57 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
I'm still thinking we spring Jerry Sandusky and give hime a shot.

You can invite him over to be your house guest for a month and let us know how it goes.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-15-2012 07:00 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking it would be fine, just me and a good looking old woman live here.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-16-2012 02:15 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would guess that, although UK may be talking to people behind closed doors, they would never announce anything until the season is over???
Posts: 10358 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com