TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops is the man.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops is the man.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-27-2012 12:51 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=122493
Posts: 10358 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 11-27-2012 01:43 PM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was hoping they would have landed McIntyre from San Jose St., but I guess we will see what Stoops can do.

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-27-2012 03:14 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the BBN

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9880 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-27-2012 03:27 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad the Louisville writer was wrong. wonder what made him think that Stoops had turned UK down? More lies I suppose. Anyway, I was hearing his name on the news last night and was wondering if it would be him. Hope he is a good recruiter or has someone in mind who can recruit the 4 and 5 star kids.
Posts: 14244 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 11-27-2012 05:27 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm happy with the hire. I think Stoops will put some enthusiasm in the program with his defense schemes. He has that fiery coaching personality too. I can't wait to turn the page. I bet UK wins 6 games next year! Welcome to the BBN!
Posts: 1498 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
viccolo
Player
Member # 1860

posted 11-27-2012 05:38 PM      Profile for viccolo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is the best ive felt about Football for some time..... are we also getting FSU's OC

--------------------
Vicco Ky ...Dodge City of the east

Posts: 2449 | From: Saint Marys OH | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-27-2012 08:10 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's just hope the university gives him decent salaries to go out and pay for a good OC and maybe a great recruiter. Looks like he will be able to grab some of the good ones himself from FL and OH.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-27-2012 08:20 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the reason that Stoops was said to have turned UK down was because his boss, Jumbo Fischer, the coach at FL St told people just 24 hours earlier that Stoops had not interviewed for the UK job. He had to do something to protect the recruits he was trying to get for next year.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-27-2012 09:29 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really like the hire. Stoops turned FSU's defense around and that is what UK needs. Mitch did a good job.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
NoleCat
Player
Member # 2765

posted 11-27-2012 09:39 PM      Profile for NoleCat   Email NoleCat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've watched Stoops work at Florida State very closely (it's where I go to school.) He is intense and energetic. He's already offered Coley the OC job and he is a dynamic recruiter. I think Stoops can do good things.

So excited. Can't wait for next season! GO BIG BLUE!

--------------------
“He who gets the best players usually wins.”
- Bobby Bowden

Posts: 67 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 11-28-2012 12:51 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm excited that UK got Stoops and that is a great hire by Mitch IMO. I will admit that I am really surprised that he decided to come to UK with all of the openings that are out there at the moment and that will be open in a few weeks.

I guess he is probably thinking that if can show modest improvement from the current state of UK football (which should be doable) in each of the next two years that he can land a better head coaching job then those currently open and available. Let's say that he goes 4-8 next year and 7-5 the following. My guess is he will be gone to greener pastures. I hope I am wrong, but that is my guess at the moment.

[ 11-28-2012, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-28-2012 01:55 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Treyballs quote -

"I guess he is probably thinking that if can modest improvement from the current state of UK football (which should be doable) in each of the next two years that he can land a better head coaching job then those currently open and available. Let's say that he goes 4-8 next year and 7-5 the following. My guess is he will be gone to greener pastures. I hope I am wrong, but that is my guess at the moment.'

Exactly and the cycle starts again! Or even worse, he is a complete failure. Lets hope he succeeds and by some miracle UK is able to keep him.

[ 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5446 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 11-28-2012 02:47 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully they have some good perks in his contract to keep him more than 2 or 3 years if he's turning program around. But still it's better to have a coach leave due to moving up the ladder of success than to have to ask a coach to leave due to failure. For now we're better off living for the short-term improvements. It looks like a good hire to me.
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 11-29-2012 12:44 AM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I already know who few of his assistants are going to be.
Posts: 1313 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com