TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » score?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: score?
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-07-2023 12:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
34-10 GA

Maybe reverse Psychology will work?

[ 10-07-2023, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14281 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-07-2023 03:44 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, we are predicting how a bunch of kids will perform in a hostile environment.

Either they pull together, keep their heads, and pull out a close game (win or lose), or get rattled, make a bunch of mistakes, and get blown out.

Option 1, 24-21 (either way)
Option 2, 42-3

Both slightly to the "Under" side for total points scored.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13672 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-07-2023 08:01 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’ve been giving this serious consideration, thus the delay. I foresee some serious penalties killing us offensively.

I believe Option #2 will be the winner Tip

[ 10-07-2023, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5469 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-07-2023 09:10 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just not sure UK could have played any worse that first half. Just really shout themselves in the foot with silly penalties that ended drives and kept UGA drives alive.

Forgot to give the ball to Davis as well once they got down.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11635 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-09-2023 01:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I cam't remember a worse game in the past 10 years. I'm sure everyone recalls the phrase "Every dog has his day". Well this was Ga's day and ours was last week. Sometimes everything falls into place for everyone.

I'd venture a guess we won't have a lot of days like the FL game. Right now I'd say we will be lucky to win 8 games and get something besides a game in Nashville or Memphis.

Biggest problem is we tend to over rate some of the guys we pick up. 6 games played and how many games has Davis been able to play like we expected. One How many games has Leary played well out of six? 0 I say again Z-E-R-O! We seemed to be able top play D against FL. Why were we so laid back against GA?

Can we match the first half of 5-1 in the second half? Not even close. And even the Louisville game is no way near a win. And we know what AL will do to us. Can we beat MO, TN, MS St, and SC? Not this year for sure. Another case of drinking the Kool-aid and falling for the hype is what it looks like. [Mad]

Posts: 14281 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-10-2023 09:13 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ain't so bad as all that, Bama.

I think Davis is amazing. Do we really need 300 yards from him in a single game to meet our "expectations". I expect 5+ yards most every time he gets the ball, and he delivers that. Often more.

Leary is definitely not doing well... and he has spoken publicly about his disappointment in himself. It is in his head, for sure. He has the physical tools to succeed. Maybe some bench time will shake him out of his funk. He CAN do well against good defenses, but he sure hasn't shown it this year.

I was puzzled watching our defense against Georgia. Against Florida, and pretty much every game, our defense was aggressive, attacking, getting into the backfield, making big plays. This game, we sat on our heels and let the plays develop. You cannot do that against a team as talented as Georgia!

We'll get over this. Our problems are almost 100% between our ears. Get an attitude, Cats!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13672 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-10-2023 02:02 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've said many times that Brad White is way over hyped. we put up good numbers aganist FCS schools, but good SEC teams usually destroy us. It's A typical Stoops team start out 5-0 and go 2-5 the rest of the way.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9936 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com