TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Southern Miss

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Southern Miss
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-28-2024 10:05 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Historically (or at least, my memory of history) says that we generally don't play very well in our opener. I hope that changes, but even if we don't play up to our potential, we should beat Southern Miss.

I look for an uncomfortable 21-10 victory, with a late touchdown drive by UK finally sealing the win.

BTW, as a funny aside, when I googled "who does UK play in Football this weekend", one of the two suggested questions was "Does UK have a football team?". Heh. Yes, sir, we do.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13672 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-28-2024 11:55 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to this season. I think you’re right about the opener. It probably will be uncomfortably close. If it is, many of us, including myself, will be ready to push the panic button.

My prediction for the year is 7-5. That may be optimistic. Put us in any other conference and I think we could be 10-2. The SEC is ridiculously tough.

[ 08-28-2024, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5469 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-28-2024 12:13 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
7-5 would be most satisfactory; I am OK even with 6-6 this year. 8-3 would make me giddy.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-28-2024 01:55 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe we play really well this first game. Southern Miss is rebuilding from a team that was really bad last year. I think we win 42-10.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9936 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-28-2024 03:08 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love your optimism... it is infectious! I don't konw why I am so pessimistic.

The whole NCAA thing has me down. Giving up those 10 losses because of stupid, greedy athletes and boosters "trying to help" really makes me mad. Plus, the addition of Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC is mind-boggling. Not sure we will ever finish in the top half of this league.

Lastly, and probably foremost, the whole NIL and transfer portal have rendered my affection for the college game null and void. It is now worse than the pros... the rosters are subject to reshuffling every single year, and they are just overpaid pre-professionals.

Bleh. Not sure I care any more.

--------------------
Tiptree

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-28-2024 06:19 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lastly, and probably foremost, the whole NIL and transfer portal have rendered my affection for the college game null and void. It is now worse than the pros... the rosters are subject to reshuffling every single year, and they are just overpaid pre-professionals.

Bleh. Not sure I care any more.

Hey Tip, I feel just like you except for some damn reason I still care. Old habits are hard to break I suppose.

[ 08-28-2024, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5469 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-29-2024 07:57 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah I'll probably be in my recliner relaxing instead of dealing with some DA's in the end zone.
Posts: 14283 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 08-31-2024 09:57 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today is the day. I don't mean to be one that is quick to judge, but seriously, my excitement for this season will largely hinge on the performance today. We have a supposed "stud" at QB and an experienced and hyped receiver corp going up against an inferior opponent that is supposedly rebuilding. I know we should never look over an opponent, but if this team can't get up today and seriously dominate this game, then my excitement for this season will fall off the table. On the other hand, if they come out and cover the spread or at least, meet the spread in convincing fashion, then I will be a lot more excited about the rest of the season.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2291 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-31-2024 08:00 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have an inexperienced QB leading our team today!

Bookies have us favored by 25 points tonight!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124415 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com