TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK vs GA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK vs GA
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 09-14-2024 09:34 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow!! What a first half!

[ 09-14-2024, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: GA Cat ]

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2291 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-15-2024 07:58 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was a much, much better game than I expected. To be honest, it confuses me as to what to expect for the rest of the season.
Posts: 5469 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-15-2024 10:23 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did we jump ship too soon? Not a bad game except we need more completions to our fast receivers.
Posts: 14281 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 09-15-2024 12:40 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is ridiculous, but I didn't watch at first because I thought we were going to get destroyed. I was keeping up with it on ESPN website. Then I saw we were leading and I didn't want to jinx us by watching, so I didn't watch any of the game because we kept staying close or leading. Did our defense play that well, or was UGA just that bad? What was our offense like? To do this with UGA makes the SC loss that much more confusing.
Posts: 5466 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 09-15-2024 12:48 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did see where we punted with 3 minutes to go on 4 and 7. I think I would have liked to see them go for it. Those are the kinds of things you're gonna have to do to beat a #1 team. I don't know if you can count on the D to get a 3 and out at that time again. I know the D had done well, but I think you have to try and go win the game instead of hoping you get a chance.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-15-2024 03:19 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought we should have went for it on 4th and 7 as well. I even told my wife (who was asleep) and my cat Otis that when it happened.

I thought our defense just looked that good. Time will tell. I think 6 wins is still within reach.

Ukman, you’re not superstitious are you? 😄

[ 09-15-2024, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 09-15-2024 07:10 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still stand by my analysis. Stoops sucks.. i couldn’t believe he kicked a FG on 4th and 2 and then to kick it again with 3:00 minutes to go when your defense had not stopped UGA the second half was beyond stupid.

Meanwhile in Bloomington, IN they hired an offensive minded coach and they are now 3-0.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11635 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 09-15-2024 08:12 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Trey. This is what Stoops does to keep his job and get the huge payday. Follow up a bad loss with a good loss, and then win just enough to keep your job. I still see at least 5 more losses, and that's IF we win the ones we are supposed to win.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-15-2024 09:57 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a crazy year. We have 8 home and 4 on the road. We have already played 3 at home and the next one with Ohio is home also. We should win next week for a 2-2 record.
We have Vandy, Auburn, Murray and Louisville at home later. The way they are playing we could possibly win all 4 of them which would give us a 6-2 record or even a 5-3 record.

The only away games we have are against Ole Miss, Florida, Tenn and TX. We may be able to beat FL or TN. I would say we have a chance to end 7-5 or 6-6. We would have to pull more upsets to get any better than that.

Posts: 14281 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 09-17-2024 09:08 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think UK only has two wins remaining on their schedule:

Ohio and Murray State. A third possible win would be Florida because they are terrible as well. It will be a fight to see who will be the first team to finish 16th in the SEC between UK and Florida in my opinion.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-18-2024 05:50 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dang Trey, that’s harsh! I assume those two wins would be against Ohio and Murray State. Those two should be a given.

That would mean no SEC wins and losing to Louisville. After the Georgia game, I believe we are a little better than that. I wouldn’t be shocked to see us beat Florida, Vandy, an Sec upset and possibly Louisville.

I wouldn’t bet the family fortune on that but I can hope.

[ 09-18-2024, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 09-18-2024 07:57 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Dang Trey, that’s harsh! I assume those two wins would be against Ohio and Murray State. Those two should be a given.

That would mean no SEC wins and losing to Louisville. After the Georgia game, I believe we are a little better than that. I wouldn’t be shocked to see us beat Florida, Vandy, an Sec upset and possibly Louisville.

I wouldn’t bet the family fortune on that but I can hope.

handy,

Yeah, but Ole Miss/Tenn/Texas are all better offensively than UGA and Texas may be as good defensively as UGA. I assume that Ohio is going to be one of the better teams in the MAC again this year, they have won 10 games each of the past two seasons, I would not be surprised to see Ohio be in this game in the 4th quarter and then you never know.....just ask Notre Dame.

UK has not scored a touchdown yet against SEC competition. The offensive is just not very good, because it is not creative at all. When I sit at home and can call 80% of the plays UK is going to run based upon the formation I am sure the opposing team can figure it out as well at an even higher rate. [Eek!]

[ 09-18-2024, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com