TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Off the wagon, again.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Off the wagon, again.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-13-2024 09:32 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team sure is enigmatic.

en·ig·mat·ic
/ˌeniɡˈmadik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious.
"he took the money with an enigmatic smile"
Similar:
mysterious
puzzling
hard to understand

[ 10-13-2024, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5469 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-13-2024 10:05 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not at all. It's what it is and has always been and always will be. Very few deviations since the "Bear"

Stoops is a "wanabe", and he is getting paid way too much for that job. This new offense is just not hacking it and I'm not really impressed with the guy. We have wasted 2 years of some great receivers careers with the coaching we provide them.

We appear to have a bunch of guys that can't play football without causing penalties. Yesterdays game had to have set a record for UK penalties in one game.

We really have no running back like we have had for a number of years and our QB doesn't have the ability to play at this level.

So...........like I've said in previous years, it's s good thing that basketball has started because I am departing football. Probably for good or until we get a new coach that can produce what he is getting paid for and not a 5-7 or 6-6 season like what is most likely to be our record this year.

GO BB!!!

Posts: 14280 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-13-2024 04:23 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here are some facts to consider

(1) UK is 5-8 coming off a bye week under coach Mark Stoops. Already, the odds were against us.

(2) UK is 2-10 in recent home SEC games. We actually play better on the road.

(3) This is the same Vandy team that beat Alabama last week.

(4) The Vandy coach said publicly that they are copying Mark Stoops' style -- make the game ugly, win the time of possession, and squeak out the victory. They just beat us at our own game.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13672 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 10-13-2024 05:25 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, the difference between the 2 teams is that UK is paying their coach 10 million, and Vandy is only paying 3.7 million. We have some solid recruits/players and should be playing better. I don't expect 10 wins every season, but we should be capable of 7 every season, and occasionally 9 or more. I blame Barnhart for the pay. He has made 2 stupid moves with coaches when he did the Cal contract and paying Stoops this much. Time to get a new coach who can do the same thing, for half the salary. We can use the other 5 million to help get players.
Posts: 5466 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-13-2024 09:08 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree he is overpriced. That’s on Mitch. I’m not sure it’s a good idea to fire him or run him out of town because of the reasons we have discussed previously.

In my mind, there’s little doubt that Stoops has raised UK a couple of notches in the college football world. I doubt he can elevate us much higher. However, I don’t think that is all on him. Unlike basketball, players outside of Kentucky do not have a burning desire to play for UK. Unfortunately, that’s for for a good reason.

[ 10-14-2024, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5469 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-13-2024 09:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The news said it was 9 mil but whos splitting hairs. He still does not get them up/ready for some games. The talk about good practices this week doesn't offset a loss caused partly by guys doing dumb things and getting penalties. I still think he wasted another year on his new offensive coach and also the defensive coach hasn't done all he can do to teach these guys how to tackle. This is a pretty poor defensive team when it comes to tacling the runner. So now we just live with what we got thru the 2037 season and pay 9 Mil for it.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-14-2024 07:50 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its not just players who don't dream of coming to Kentucky for football. Coaches too. Paying top dollar is our only hope of attracting and retaining coaches.

So, if Stoops goes, his replacement won't likey be much cheaper.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13672 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-14-2024 12:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're so right Tip. That's why I'm saying let it be what it be. We know what we have and don't have much hope of changing it. When the stadium is half full and the NIL coffers run dry for football maybe some changes will take place. For me, I am all about basketball and football has ended.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com